About Me

I am an organization freak! I hope that I can share some helpful things with you. Becoming organized is not as easy as it sounds.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sign my Change.org Petition

Many homeowners were "helped" by Wells Fargo through the Making Home Affordable program.  From my own personal experience and the hundreds of stories I have read on the internet of others, it is clear that they did not follow program guidelines and most of us are now in worse financial shape than before we started the loan modification process. Although I did not lose my home through foreclosure like many have, I spent about 15 months fighting with Wells Fargo while they lost my documents, never bothered to resond to my concerns, and ended up owing them over $5,000 and had my loan extended out to 40 years.  We received 4 different agreements because they kept messing things up and we did everything that we were asked to do. I was current on my mortgage before starting the loan mod process and because the "3 month" process took 15 months, the difference in interest between my modified payments and my "actual" payments and the late fees was added to my mortgage. I now owe interest (for 40 years) on interest accrued because Wells Fargo made "inadvertant miscalculations," which they admitted. I have had to contact the Office of the President of WF to get any help whatsoever. I know there are many people out there that were screwed over while trying to better their financial situations through the program that Wells Fargo received BILLIONS of dollars to participate in.
----------------

No comments:

Post a Comment